Xentales

Talk about stuff, and if you must, about Xenimus
It is currently 15 Jul 2018 17:00

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2006 11:49 
Got mine this morning, 8am. 3rd in queue of about 30 people. I thought I was gonna get mugged walking back to the car with £280 worth of goods, this group of small kids were pointing at me in the distance muttering the word "Wii" lol

Bought Zelda + Wii Play + Rayman + nunchucks. The console pack is surprisingly heavy and very small.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2006 18:00 
I preordered mine a few weeks ago and it arrived this morning. However it is at home and I am at uni for another week Sad.

I got Zelda and Super Monkey ball, extra controller and nunchuck with mine.

Getting Mario and Smash Bros Brawl when they come out.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2006 19:53 
Dean, can I come round urs and try it out for a bit before I buy one? Razz I'm still not 100% sure I want one.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 11:02 
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
Dean, can I come round urs and try it out for a bit before I buy one? Razz I'm still not 100% sure I want one.


Sure, I was playing it all night till 2am lol today my arm is aching Razz


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 11:13 
sweeeeet! Is it good then? I'm back in Bridgend in a weeks time for 5 weeks!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 11:15 
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
sweeeeet! Is it good then? I'm back in Bridgend in a weeks time for 5 weeks!


Its awesome, some of the games get a bit boring single player, but as a multiplayer console its incredible Razz

Wii Tennis is so addicting.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 14:54 
havent people been going to the docters with tennis elbow due to the wii lol?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 14:56 
AlfShirt wrote:
havent people been going to the docters with tennis elbow due to the wii lol?


lol I wouldnt be surprised.

The one that gets me is baseball and bowling. You're having so much fun and you get so into the game you completely forget what your arm is doing. You just swing the bat like you normally do and you get carried away sometimes lol

You forget that your arm is aching after playing Wii sports for over 3 hours.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 14:58 
So its good exercise?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 18:06 
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
So its good exercise?
only if you want it to be. In Wii sports you can accomplish everything just by moving the wii-mote like 4 inches max, but some people like to jump around and go crazy.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 18:43 
wow, why dont you go out and actually play these f- sports

lazy bastards


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 18:56 
Ender wrote:
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
So its good exercise?
only if you want it to be. In Wii sports you can accomplish everything just by moving the wii-mote like 4 inches max, but some people like to jump around and go crazy.


aw man, would be better if you had to proper move to play!

ComradeLENIN wrote:
wow, why dont you go out and actually play these f- sports

lazy bastards


Who says we dont?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 19:02 
Image


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 19:24 
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
Ender wrote:
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
So

ComradeLENIN wrote:
wow, why dont you go out and actually play these f- sports

lazy bastards


Who says we dont?


Because you (the royal you, as i assume you used the royal we) have purchased a £200+ piece of equipment and are playing a game on it which emulates sport. whilst you play this game, you could go out and play the sport


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 19:31 
If I had the money to pay for a Wii and Wii Sports, I would gladly play it, and play it like a loon. Simply because I dont have the social life in my existence to do most of that shit in real life.

Needless to say, if I did have said social life, I wouldnt purchase one, and would do it in real life.

It isnt as cut and dry as you are making it out to be. It isnt always possible/appropriate to keep in shape via actually doing the sport which you are emulating.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 20:11 
ComradeLENIN wrote:
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
Ender wrote:
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
So

ComradeLENIN wrote:
wow, why dont you go out and actually play these f- sports

lazy bastards


Who says we dont?


Because you (the royal you, as i assume you used the royal we) have purchased a £200+ piece of equipment and are playing a game on it which emulates sport. whilst you play this game, you could go out and play the sport


yeah because you know Wii sports is the only game for the Wii.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 20:11 
ComradeLENIN wrote:
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
Ender wrote:
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
So

ComradeLENIN wrote:
wow, why dont you go out and actually play these f- sports

lazy bastards


Who says we dont?


Because you (the royal you, as i assume you used the royal we) have purchased a £200+ piece of equipment and are playing a game on it which emulates sport. whilst you play this game, you could go out and play the sport


Nope, I down own one. Maybe its more fun to play a simulated sport when ur feeling lazy?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2006 21:05 
ComradeLENIN wrote:
wow, why dont you go out and actually play these f- sports

lazy bastards


Wii Sports comes free with the console so I had no choice to get it, its a good game though. Its not really practical to go out and play Baseball/Tennis/Bowling/Boxing/Golf in a short space of time though. Its easy to get into.

£200 is probably the cheapest console I've ever bought. Cost me £207 with 2 games+ 2 controllers.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 17:54 
Yea, my friends and myself, basically play the Wii when we come back drunk from a party. Aiming towards the guy who said why don't you go play these sports. It's kind of hard to go out and play baseball at 3:00 AM while your drunk off your ass...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:02 
Every advert I see for a Wii now has me more interested in getting one.... =(

I've just never been a major fan of the Nintendo titles =/

Are there any NON Zelda or NON Mario titles out there likely to further tempt me?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:05 
Naked Death

It's a game where you kill hippies, with an assortment of weapons, and get to have massive sex with hot naked women.

No not really, but there should be a game like that. Otherwise there isn't really any good games that have been released yet besides zelda.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:06 
Zelda never has, and never will, cut it for me.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:15 
Squire Squeak wrote:
Every advert I see for a Wii now has me more interested in getting one.... =(

I've just never been a major fan of the Nintendo titles =/

Are there any NON Zelda or NON Mario titles out there likely to further tempt me?


Theres not many as its just been released...but theres Wii Play, Wii Sports, Monkey Ball, Rayman, Excite Truck.

In a few days time theres Far Cry Vengance & Elebits. Future games to look forward to are Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Dragon Quest Swords, FF Chronicles, No More Heroes & Sonic and the Secret Rings (Sonic looks awesome in this).

Then theres the VC titles (sega,NES, SNES, N64, Turbo Grafx games).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:21 
I guess Sonic could be awesome. It always used to be =D

Meteroid could be quite good, but I can only remember playing the original meteroid on the gameboy haha.

Is there anything where I get to smash fagmatrons in the face with a massive axe, which I can swing about like a loon?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:51 
Quote:
I guess Sonic could be awesome. It always used to be =D

Meteroid could be quite good, but I can only remember playing the original meteroid on the gameboy haha.


From the videos ive seen, it looks like Sonic is back. Finally.

Metroid is an incredible game, any of them. Definetely play a few of the older ones.

Squire Squeak wrote:
Is there anything where I get to smash fagmatrons in the face with a massive axe, which I can swing about like a loon?


Not quite...lol

Project H.A.M.M.E.R is as close as it gets. Replace "fagmatrons" with "killer robots" and "massive axe" with "ridiculously large hammer".

http://uk.wii.ign.com/objects/826/826992.html


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:53 
Isnt there something with a sword too? (Not Zelda, I know its not that which I am on about!) too? I could of sworn I saw an advert for it.

Also, some boxing game. Thats bound to be alright.

I really want one of these now =/


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:55 
Squire Squeak wrote:
Isnt there something with a sword too? (Not Zelda, I know its not that which I am on about!) too? I could of sworn I saw an advert for it.

Also, some boxing game. Thats bound to be alright.

I really want one of these now =/


Dragon Quest Swords may be the sword game?
http://uk.wii.ign.com/objects/826/826840.html

Boxing comes free with the console, along with tennis (the most addictive), baseball, bowling & golf.

*Edit* just realised, the sword game is probably Red Steel. Dont bother with that one.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 18:58 
Ahhk.

Well.... Argh. I want one of these now, even for the Wii Sports its bound to be worth it as a boredom buster.

I want a Wii =(


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2006 20:49 
Nah, theres a really cool sword game and Im sure thats not it Dean. You must've seen it advertised surely? that games the sole reason I want a Wii


Top
  
 
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006 01:13 
Your probably thinking of cold steel, and it sucks balls.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006 05:21 
Stewieeeeeee7 wrote:
Nah, theres a really cool sword game and Im sure thats not it Dean. You must've seen it advertised surely? that games the sole reason I want a Wii


Red Steel I think is the game you're talking about. Shooting with sword action.

Dont look at it any further. I played it and it was awful. Almost everything is there for a great game, the controls are terrible, various bugs & the voice acting is poor. The controls were the main thing that ruined the game though.

Probably the only Wii game to stay well away of. Shame because most people buy it because of the hype around it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006 05:24 
But, I get to hack things to itty bitty pieces.... Yes?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006 07:17 
Yeah, it looks fun Sad Aw thats a let down.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006 07:22 
I might get it anyway. Pure hack and slash is bound to make up for crappy gameplay teehee.

Damnit. I'm thinking about what games to get when I havent even got a Wii yet =(


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2006 07:43 
Squire Squeak wrote:
I might get it anyway. Pure hack and slash is bound to make up for crappy gameplay teehee.

Damnit. I'm thinking about what games to get when I havent even got a Wii yet =(


If you can manage to aim at the guy before he shoots you 6-8 times then yeah, it could be fun lol

The remote in every other game is very good though, I could see me using this instead of a mouse in PC FPS games. Thats how good the responsiveness is.

Wii Sports alone lasts weeks, I still play it every day and it comes free with the console lol ive downloaded some of my old classic games though. Bomberman, Golden Axe, Altered Beast etc.

I completely forgot how much the backing music to Sonic the Hedgehog rules Razz


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group