Xentales

Talk about stuff, and if you must, about Xenimus
It is currently 22 Oct 2017 22:29

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

You decide 2008
Republican 39%  39%  [ 15 ]
Democrat 37%  37%  [ 14 ]
Green Party 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
I will not vote in 2008 I want no say in the country I live in. 16%  16%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 38
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:06 
Offline

Joined: 22 Nov 2004 17:59
Posts: 235
Location: North Jerz
FLiP wrote:
uh...it doesn't.
Why vote when my vote isn't going to make any impact whatsoever?

and Maryland does always tend to go Democratic presidentially, I'm not talking about governors.


uh...it does:
On November 5, 2002, lifelong Marylander Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr., was elected Maryland's 60th governor, the first Republican to hold the office in 36 years.

damn.

and presidential race in maryland works the same as the governor race, so why the defeatest attitude?

_________________
BLACK AND WHITE!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:07 
remember all that recount fiasco back in 2000? that was because the votes were so close (even though there shouldn't have been a recount). if it had resulted in giving florida to gore, he would have won.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:07 
Well, all I can say is that proof will come when Maryland goes Democratic in the 2008 election.

Yeah YOUNG, but that wasn't a 1 vote difference either.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:22 
FLiP wrote:
Well, all I can say is that proof will come when Maryland goes Democratic in the 2008 election.

Yeah YOUNG, but that wasn't a 1 vote difference either.


In case you havnt noticed there has been 3 people reply saying they are not gonna vote "so far" that number will probably grow, now apply the total of people who have replied and apply it to your paticular state... thats quite of a margin.... yes you could make a defrence, you just dont give yourself ne credit.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:28 
Cody Blair wrote:
FLiP wrote:
Well, all I can say is that proof will come when Maryland goes Democratic in the 2008 election.

Yeah YOUNG, but that wasn't a 1 vote difference either.


In case you havnt noticed there has been 3 people reply saying they are not gonna vote "so far" that number will probably grow, now apply the total of people who have replied and apply it to your paticular state... thats quite of a margin.... yes you could make a defrence, you just dont give yourself ne credit.


Yeah, the three people on the forums are going to make my vote count any more.

Seriously, one vote hasn't decided any presidential elections. Even if it did for the first time ever, I would have to be in the one state out of fifty that changed the electoral college by one vote and threw off the entire election. I don't think so.

I'll probably end up voting anyway, but that doesn't chage my stance on the value of my presidential vote. In other positions however, especially those more local, I realize that my vote actually counts. Oh, and I would pick Democrat.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:32 
Offline

Joined: 22 Nov 2004 17:59
Posts: 235
Location: North Jerz
FLiP wrote:
Cody Blair wrote:
FLiP wrote:
Well, all I can say is that proof will come when Maryland goes Democratic in the 2008 election.

Yeah YOUNG, but that wasn't a 1 vote difference either.


In case you havnt noticed there has been 3 people reply saying they are not gonna vote "so far" that number will probably grow, now apply the total of people who have replied and apply it to your paticular state... thats quite of a margin.... yes you could make a defrence, you just dont give yourself ne credit.


Yeah, the three people on the forums are going to make my vote count any more.

Seriously, one vote hasn't decided any presidential elections. Even if it did for the first time ever, I would have to be in the one state out of fifty that changed the electoral college by one vote and threw off the entire election. I don't think so.

I'll probably end up voting anyway, but that doesn't chage my stance on the value of my presidential vote. In other positions however, especially those more local, I realize that my vote actually counts. Oh, and I would pick Democrat.


your governor is still a republican.
I would suggest you dig a little deeper into politics before you vote.

_________________
BLACK AND WHITE!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:35 
The governor is not the president, not as many people vote for the governor. I'd be willing to bet anything Maryland goes Democratic in the next presidential election.

You've told me this enough, and I don't need your advice, thanks.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005 10:57 
Well if say 100 people liek you who don't think there vote makes a difference, that can be a huge difference. Everyone just thinks that everyone else will take care of it. If you want your say in how your country is run, spend 30 minutes in a voting both. A small price to pay for your country's future.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005 11:42 
the first robot president won by only one vote because of ppl who thought their vote didnt matter.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005 11:44 
At the very least voting can give you a more legitimate basis to bitch about the next President. Those hippies that dont vote and then complain about the election are awful. Its like complaining that a girl cant please you when you never made the effort to take your pants off.

Sorry, its the only analogy I could think of in 10seconds.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005 12:08 
It wouldm't make a difference if only a small handful of people thought their vote wouldnt matter but when 50% of the population starts thinking that way it makes a huge difference. If you don't exercise your right to vote you might as well not live in a democracy because you are just deciding to live with whatever card is dealt to you rather than do something about it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005 14:55 
Acidious wrote:
It wouldm't make a difference if only a small handful of people thought their vote wouldnt matter but when 50% of the population starts thinking that way it makes a huge difference. If you don't exercise your right to vote you might as well not live in a democracy because you are just deciding to live with whatever card is dealt to you rather than do something about it.


qft


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 14 May 2007 11:15 
I vote Ron Paul.

Hes republican and against the Iraq war.


What a man.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 14 May 2007 20:11 
Quote:
McCain is too old...



reagan won his second term at the age of 74, mccain would be 72


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 14 May 2007 21:28 
teh lordsith wrote:
The number of women added for Hill would be neutralized by those women who think a female should not be president.


bullshit, im stuck with a horrible f- canadian woman as a governor cuz of dumb women voters.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 14 May 2007 21:46 
Let's vote the black Jewish lesbian female!


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 14 May 2007 22:05 
Im on the fence between Ron Paul and Mike Gravel


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 14 May 2007 22:23 
There are too many masses for your decision to count against the millions who are ignorant. On a grand scale, your vote still will not count, depressingly. Democracy never works among hoards of sheep and cattle.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 14 May 2007 23:00 
2 year old post that didnt get locked, lol

My friend thinks that Obama* will take office, but I think he wont, simply bc there are too many racist white people that would rather have bill's wife in office over a "n-"


Last edited by Bam Margera X5 on 15 May 2007 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
PostPosted: 15 May 2007 00:55 
I thought nader was white, lol. I think you mean obama.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 15 May 2007 01:02 
Lol it is what I meant, I'm not thinking for much of shit tonight.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group