Condoleeza Rice

Democratic Canidates:
Hillary Clinton
John Kerry
John Edwards
Joe Biden

Green Party:
Ralph F-in Nader

These candidates were based on a poll of the top 4 choices of whom people would like to see in the presidential race coming 2008. Based on these candidates, which side will you voting for and why? Make your comments count and get your point across. Be professional, dont bash people for their oppinions, if you would like the same in return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 14:12 
Mrs.Clinton will probably win but i still place my vote republican.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 14:43 
the day a woman/black person gets the most powerful possition in the world will be political correctness gone way too far

just kidding!!

i say vote rice, shes black and a woman, i mean you could kill two birds with one stone and its only 4 years, then we can get back to real presidents

(JUST KIDDING!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 14:46 
that republican list looks like a joke, except for McCain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 14:58 
Quote:
Mrs.Clinton will probably win

That is very not true.

A woman has little to no chance of winning a presidential election just yet. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, that's just how it is at this point in time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 15:03 
Hate to say it but she would do a way better job than "Mr" Bush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 15:27 
If John McCain were to win presidency over any other republican I'd be VERY happy...he is one of the ONLY republicans that I at all respect. And I actually think he'd make a good president, I'd just much, much rather see a democrat in charge.

and Kerry doesn't stand a chance to be in the running again...no way at all.

Vote Hillary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 15:31 
if i had to choose any republican it would be McCain as i see him as having a decent head on his shoulders and a fair bit of life experience. I like hillary myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 15:32 
Skitari wrote:
Quote:
Mrs.Clinton will probably win

That is very not true.

A woman has little to no chance of winning a presidential election just yet. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, that's just how it is at this point in time.

incorrect.

Not when that woman happens to be married to one of the most popular, intelligent, and polished politicians of ALL TIME.

The Clintons are amazing, and Hillary has been VERY smart politically the last few months with her sort of "conservative" agenda, such as the whole GTA thing. She is gaining popularity and has done very well as senator of New York, and again, her husband is Bill. The republican party is currently destroying themselves and the democrats are now in position to retake the election. Clinton is CERTAINLY a very viable candidate...John Edwards is also a great candidate, as well.

But who knows, it is likely that there will be others who will emerge and make themselves known. I so wish a man like Chuck Schumer would run...a great and intelligent man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 15:38 
Demo all the way, bill clinton was good in office...and with the ladies in officer...he should of never got impeached....hes my hero....Now its time for hilary to be the "playa" in officer....go Kerry WHOOO, legalize are marijuana useage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 15:38 
LETS GO HIL!

GET EM TIGER

RAWR

edit:

sauce wrote:
incorrect.

SPECULATION CANNOT BE CORRECT OR INCORRECT.

SPECULATION.

=S

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 16:03 
Even tho, Jeb Bush, has the "Bush" title making him a no no, I believe he would make a 20x better pres than George W. Just look at the way he handles his state. Its almost flawlessly, sure they have had a few problems in Florida. Still I give the man a hand, he has done an awesome job down there in his years in control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 16:04 
Quote:
Jeb has assured me we have Florida

-George W. Bush

Post subject: .
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 16:16 
Quote:
incorrect.

Your faith Clinton's is popular hasn't exactly convinced me, sorry. I think I'm going to stick with my 216 years of male dominance, thank you very much.

Like I said, I'm not saying it's wrong or right, that's just how it is at this time.

Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 16:30 
Skitari wrote:
Quote:
incorrect.

Your faith Clinton's is popular hasn't exactly convinced me, sorry. I think I'm going to stick with my 216 years of male dominance, thank you very much.

Like I said, I'm not saying it's wrong or right, that's just how it is at this time.

right...let's just use history, where women couldn't even vote and override the fact that the female population accounts for more than half the United States and is no longer oppressed like they once were. Let's just forget the fact that Clinton as well as a large number of other females are senators, governors, and mayors of major cities already. Let's just neglect the fact that she herself is married to a man that will give her the edge she needs to break the gender barrier and become the first female president.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 16:32 
I am primarily a democrat but I would vote McCain in a heartbeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 16:42 
I think Mcain would make a great president. And I could see him taking it. I can't really see any of the others getting much support. Sauce, I don't think you are grasping what he is saying. The majority of voters are men as a starting point. Although it would be great to see a women as president and it would be a giant step for womens rights, I don't think society is at the point to where we have a "first man" instead of the first lady. I'd say a few more years , at least ten, until a women president even stands a chance. I don't agree with how it is, but it is, maybe the election will prove me wrong. To see Rice take office would be amazing, the first women and african American to take office would show a large step of matureity for America. Kerry....come on now, I think he has lost all credibility. And then there's always Nader, but you know, 4'th..5'th or w/e try is a charm right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 17:08 

McCain is too old...
The number of women added for Hill would be neutralized by those women who think a female should not be president.
Edwards has little strength beyond VP potential
Too early for Jeb, its not like he can capitalize on his brother's popularity...
Condoleeza has said categorically she would not run in 2008...

I'd suggest George Allen (Senator from VA-R) has potential, as does Santorum as either prez or VP candidate, depending on how he does this cycle.

The democrat party is too disorganized and lacks a central power figure rightnow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 17:15 
i'd vote for any of those republicans, though i have to admit i don't like the fact that jeb signed the shoot first law. there's no chance kerry would run. he got his butt kicked by bush and personally i couldn't be happier. he's one of two people i can say i honestly hate (the other being michael moore). hillary would be a terrible president. how could she control the country if she couldn't even control her own household?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 17:21 

YOUNG wrote:
i'd vote for any of those republicans, though i have to admit i don't like the fact that jeb signed the shoot first law. there's no chance kerry would run. he got his butt kicked by bush and personally i couldn't be happier. he's one of two people i can say i honestly hate (the other being michael moore). hillary would be a terrible president. how could she control the country if she couldn't even control her own household?

Well thats not really fair, but I wouldn't vote for Hill for much more concrete reasons: her health care bill, two-timing political stance to "look" like a centrist when she's really a freakin libby, coming into MY state to run solely on her husband's name when she had no claim to NY except she bought a house there a couple months prior. NY would be SO much better off if Lazio had won.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 17:23 
Amen wrote:
Well thats not really fair...

true. i'm starting to sound like sauce Shocked

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 17:27 
Hillary has no control over what her husband did. That sounds quite sexist to me saying she couldn't "please" her man so she went elsewhere, how would she run the white house? Remember, BILL had sex with monica. Its not hillary's fault what so ever, blaming the victim is a lawyer trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 18:39 
The Masked Man wrote:
Demo all the way, bill clinton was good in office...and with the ladies in officer...he should of never got impeached....hes my hero....Now its time for hilary to be the "playa" in officer....go Kerry WHOOO, legalize are marijuana useage.

Actually Clinton was never impeached, he was on his way to being impeached but his term ended before he was impeached.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 18:48 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Quote:
Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body formally levels charges against a high official of government. Impeachment does not necessarily mean removal from office; it comprises only a formal statement of charges, akin to an indictment in criminal law, and thus is only the first step towards possible removal. Once an individual is impeached, he or she must then face the possibility of conviction via legislative vote, which then entails the removal of the individual from office.

Bill Clinton was impeached, he was just not removed from office, get it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 18:54 
My bad ok he was impeached but he was never takin out of office so the impeachment didnt matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 18:57 

greatdepofx5 wrote:
My bad ok he was impeached but he was never takin out of office so the impeachment didnt matter.

except that he was one of only 2 (3?) presidents ever to be impeached. quite an asterisk on your report card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:02 
Most Americans with any basic knowledge of history or society in general would realize that asterik is nothing special

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:07 

Ender wrote:
Most Americans with any basic knowledge of history or society in general would realize that asterik is nothing special

really?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:13 
A powerful person cheating on his wife is nothing new in this world. And of course the argument from there goes that it wasnt the cheating but lying to Congress. However I'd argue that a majority of people make a large enough distinction between oral sex and vaginal sex that he was not outright lying.

Post subject: ....
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:13 
Amen wrote:
Ender wrote:

really?

Yeah Amen, we all know adultry isnt that big of a deal these days and all Confused

Post subject: Re: ....
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:16 

Cody Blair wrote:
Amen wrote:
Ender wrote:

really?

Yeah Amen, we all know adultry isnt that big of a deal these days and all Confused

I disagree - there is a certain standard of morality expected of our nation's leaders. This is one of the reasons why nearly every prez has been a protestant or baptist, or similar religious background.

Post subject: Re: ....
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:18 
Amen wrote:
Cody Blair wrote:
Amen wrote:
Ender wrote:

really?

I disagree - there is a certain standard of morality expected of our nation's leaders. This is one of the reasons why nearly every prez has been a protestant or baptist, or similar religious background.

I was being sarcastic... sorry to not be blunt... its not your fault nor mine that our country has gone to hell in a handbasket. Suckx dont it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:20 
Its still an awful thing, and a big deal, but I never said that it wasnt. All I implied was that it is nothing special, as in nothing unique, and it certainly isnt.

My point is that we can not accurately draw conclusions by accepting whatever label a society at a given time gives to a certain person.

If we were to expand the way were talking about Clinton into our analysis of other historical events, then we would have to conclude Jews were the scum of the earth and Protestants in the reformation were evil heretics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:25 
I will be able to vote in the next election, and I think I'd vote for McCain...He's the only one on the list that I can pick out who I actually like. I don't think Hillary would be a good president...but that's just imo...I dunno, plus I don't think she'd win solely based on the fact of the many sexist men in the country...plus, America isn't ready for a female president....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:30 
If Hillary Clinton wins, I will start a revolt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 19:56 
Well, I'd consider voting, but seeing as my vote makes no difference, it really wouldn't matter to me. Seriously, my one vote is not going to change the results of the election, especially considering Maryland is going democrat no matter what anyways.

No way I would consider Hillary - she wouldn't have a chance anyway.

Quote:
Not when that woman happens to be married to one of the most popular, intelligent, and polished politicians of ALL TIME.

Not that I disagree, but Bill certainly wouldn't help her win the election considering many people still hold a grudge with him because of his affair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:01 

FLiP wrote:
considering Maryland is going democrat no matter what anyways.

bla bla bla my vote doesn't count.
Why does maryland have a republican governor then, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:03 
uh...it doesn't.
Why vote when my vote isn't going to make any impact whatsoever?

and Maryland does always tend to go Democratic presidentially, I'm not talking about governors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:05 
FLiP wrote:
Well, I'd consider voting, but seeing as my vote makes no difference, it really wouldn't matter to me. Seriously, my one vote is not going to change the results of the election, especially considering Maryland is going democrat no matter what anyways.

No way I would consider Hillary - she wouldn't have a chance anyway.

Quote:

Not that I disagree, but Bill certainly wouldn't help her win the election considering many people still hold a grudge with him because of his affair.

there have actually been several instances in american politics when the result was determined by a single vote. now you know. and knowing is half the battle.

btw- my hillary comment was a joke from family guy but no one picked up on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005 20:05 
I already knew that. Presidentially? I don't think so.