Both 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 61
 Post subject: Xbox 360 vs PS3
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 06:17 
Code:
             Processor       Graphics        RAM    Bandwidth         

Xbox 360      3.2GHz       500MHz ATi       512Mb   22.4Gbps

PS3           3.2GHz      550MHz NVIDIA     512Mb   25.6Gbps       

I was expecting Xbox 360 to beat PS3 in all areas like a repeat so I was surprised with these specs.

I'd probably get an Xbox 360. What will you guys get?

ATi vs NVIDIA will be interesting to see..

Sorry if theres already been a topic like this, I searched and couldnt find one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 06:55 
Well if I can get the money I will go with xbox 360 due to the fact they have better games than PS3. There have been less new releses coming out on ps3 that look worth playing than on xbox. You wont notic to much on the graphics mabey a LITTLE on the bandwidth so not much to worry about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 06:59 
Chris wrote:
they have better games than PS3.

That was one of the dumbest sentences I've heard in the last week, lol.

Sony always has better games than the competitors, and always more titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 07:04 
Ok, better games but not good games. lol I find WAY less good games come out on ps2 than xbox. We will see, though i'd probly get ps3 if a new final fantasy comes out Razz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 08:15 
Id pick ati anyday...so xbox 360 for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 08:19 
ps3 miles better gamez

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 08:27 
Xbox and then PS3 when it comes out...

so I guess both?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 08:44 
Xbox 360 sure does have some very promising titles:

Halo 3 - No Screenshots
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - Screenshots
Dead or Alive 4 - Screenshots
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Screenshots
Kameo: Elements of Power - Screenshots
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Screenshots
Project Gotham Racing 3 - Screenshots
Quake IV - Screenshots
Top Spin 2 - Screenshots
Jade Empire 2 - No Screenshots
KotOR 3 - No Screenshots
Final Fantasy XI - Screenshots
Forza Motorsport 2 - No Screenshots

I think I'll stop there, theres many more great games for Xbox 360 I havent mentioned.

Can someone post some of the good PS3 titles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 10:17 
I would say killzone 3 for ps3 but it was pre-rendered...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 14:53 
NoxMortus wrote:
Xbox 360 sure does have some very promising titles:

Halo 3 - No Screenshots
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - Screenshots
Dead or Alive 4 - Screenshots
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Screenshots
Kameo: Elements of Power - Screenshots
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Screenshots
Project Gotham Racing 3 - Screenshots
Quake IV - Screenshots
Top Spin 2 - Screenshots
Jade Empire 2 - No Screenshots
KotOR 3 - No Screenshots
Final Fantasy XII - Screenshots
Forza Motorsport 2 - No Screenshots

I think I'll stop there, theres many more great games for Xbox 360 I havent mentioned.

Can someone post some of the good PS3 titles?

Final Fantas XII is not for the Xbox 360 dumbass, check your links before you post them.

Quote:
IGN » Games » PlayStation 2
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

Edit: to add on
Read the Need for Speed: Most Wanted website.

It will be availible on Xbox 360 yes, it will also come on PSP, PS2, GBA, GameCube and for the PC.

Edit2: Add on again

Battle field 2: Modern Combat isn't even for the 360, it will be out for the Xbox and PS2

Damn, maybe you should check your links instead of making a lineup of false games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 15:29 
andy123456 wrote:
Final Fantas XII is not for the Xbox 360 dumbass, check your links before you post them.

Quote:
IGN » Games » PlayStation 2
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

Edit: to add on
Read the Need for Speed: Most Wanted website.

It will be availible on Xbox 360 yes, it will also come on PSP, PS2, GBA, GameCube and for the PC.

Edit2: Add on again

Battle field 2: Modern Combat isn't even for the 360, it will be out for the Xbox and PS2

Damn, maybe you should check your links instead of making a lineup of false games.

Hmm.. o.k I meant FF XI, not FF XII.. I'll fix that in a sec.

Also I didn't say NFS: MW was going to be exclusive to Xbox 360, dumbass.

Battle field 2: Modern Combat will be out for the Xbox 360.. Or atleast thats what my xbox 360 magazine says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 15:45 
Consoles suck Sad Buy neither, and spend the cash on a new PC Smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 17:03 
Ill buy both. Im sorry, Xbox owns Ps2 in FPS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 17:07 
nething fp is pretty gay, the only thing i like is onlin halo...and i can only play that for 4 hours or so a week max.

ps3 for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 17:12 
Everyones forgeting the sequal to possibly the best FPS ever, Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark Zero is supposed to be a launch title for 360 if im correct, but its Rare, so its going to have like 3 delays anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 17:35 
Quote:
Halo 3
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - Its an FPS game, thats for PC
Dead or Alive 4
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Will rock on the PC alot more..its a PC game afterall.
Kameo: Elements of Power - wasnt this on PS2? It sucked lol
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Again, better on the PC
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake IV - Better on the PC...I would pwn any Xbox fan with my mouse.
Top Spin 2 - Never heard of that.
Jade Empire 2
KotOR 3 - Is coming on the PC.
Final Fantasy XII - err FF12 is coming out on the PS3. If you mean the online one? Its already out on the PC...
Forza Motorsport 2 - Never heard of it.

It looks like the only thing Xbox 360 has got going for it is games that will look much better on the PC lol so ill be going for a PS3 because the exclusive list is too big to ignore. If I had the money, a revolution.

Hey all you people getting an Xbox 360, heres a tip. Buy upgrades for your PC instead, you can play most of those games there and your PC will last alot longer.

How can Xbox fans ignore the sheer size of PS3 or Nintendo exclusives compared to the Xbox? It boggles the mind I swear lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 17:47 
Vistrix stop being a ps fanboy.

It's real annoying.

I say buy whatever you feel like buying. If you want a PS3, buy a PS3. If you want an XBOX 360, buy a Xbox 360. The point of the matter is dont be a shill to one company and ready to give them all your money at the drop of a hat just because of the name.

It's called variety. I am sure glad we have it, and arent being fed everything from 1 source.

Plus, who buys any system when it first comes out? If you're smart you wait a few months for the newer ones without all the "kinks and bugs".

Hell, buy both, then you will have th ebest of both worlds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 17:56 
Mand Im a Xbox "hateboy" lol thats all. I thought that was more obvious. Ive been a Nintendo fan much longer than a PS...

And Xbox isnt called variety, its called wasting your money on a box to play 3-4 lesser graphicalgames that arent on the PC.

Yeah buy both, Revolution and PS3. then spend your extra money on upgrades to play "xbox" games on your PC at a better resolution.

Im not boasting about the Revolution because I no squat about it lol I wish I did know the specs of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 18:19 
lol newsflash: none of the systems are out yet, so all you know is speculation.

Do you know for SURE what will be in each system? No, you don't.
You might think you do, from listening to sony or to nintendo or even the xbox people, but guess what? NONE OF THEM ARE OUT YET. So its only words.
What ticks me off is that people who like the xbox talk about it, and then you come in and start crap about how its garbage and to get a Sony playstation.

If people want to choose to buy a Xbox, bite your tongue and hold your opinion. It's quite obvious you dislike xbox and are a ps fanboy. Have you ever owned an xbox? Probably not, right? I just think you need to lay off on the xbox and stop hyping up the ps3 like its going to be this amazing revolutionising machine thats going to have the most amazing games you've ever seen.

guess what? the Ps3 is going to have a hard drive too, OMG EVERYONE DONT GET A PS3 JUST UPGRADE YOUR COMPUTER!!!1111

Did you know that you could use that term for every console?

Consoles are going to be more and more like computers as they come out, and guess what? thats what people want.
New consoles are not out to "just play games" they are out to be a home theater system in 1 little box. Thats why they come with hard drives, with the ability to play dvds, etc etc.

Now i gtg eat dinner and don't feel like arguing about tstupid consoles anymore.
bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 18:25 
rofl Mand Confused you just sound like a PS hater Razz Mand, I own all 3 consoles lol and have always owned each console for each generation (minus the handhelds, not a huge fan of those).

The specs have been announced by Microsoft and Sony themselves and the game list has alos been confirmed to be correct so I dont know what the hell you are on about lol None of it is speculation, its just a matter of time for them to be released.

The PS2 was an amazing console and won the race for the most popular console ever. So I have good confidence in the PS3, what do you expect?

....who cares about a crap hard drive? The PS3 will not come with a hard drive, its a console. The hard drive is an option that players can buy if they want. Its not need, thats what PCs are for.

Hence my hate for the friggin brick of an Xbox trying to be a low end PC. The console has PC FPS games, thats how much its trying to be a PC lol The PS2 gave up on it.

This is an Xbox and PS3 discussion thread Mand so I want to share my opinion on them Smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 19:40 
Playstation was cool, but ever since Xbox came out, Ive loved it over any other system because of all the sweet multiplayer games they put out for it.

You guys seen the PS3 controlers right? MY GOD, I dont think they could have designed anything worse.

Xbox S-Controlers > All other controlers

And like I always said...

Xbox = Great multiplayer games, GREAT FPS games, and some good RPGs also.

PS1/2 = Great RPGs, kinda crappy multiplayer games, and only 2 controler ports so that really sucks for Sony.

I dont like sitting in my room playing an RPG by myself for hours and hours at a time, only to be like WOOT, I BEAT IT!!!... wait, nobody cares Sad.

edit: Now that I think of it, only reason I had a PSone was for the FF series, lmao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 20:20 
Yea mervak, i bought my n64 just so i could play perfect dark lol. I still play that game today. Prolly gonna get an xbox360, dunno yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 22:00 
i say N64 has been best consol yet lol.

meh whatever

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 22:21 
veli, this controller could be the most confortable thing ever. you havnt touched one, you dont know what it feels like. it could be an orgasm for the hands for all we know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 22:22 
abolition wrote:
you havnt touched one, you dont know what it feels like. it could be an orgasm for the hands for all we know.

Hahaha.

Awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 22:24 
I highly doubt that the Ps3 controller will feel good. Why fix something that wasnt broken?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 22:28 
Bam Margera X5 wrote:
I highly doubt that the Ps3 controller will feel good. Why fix something that wasnt broken?

to be inovative/look cool. maybe it has built-in hand warmers (or coolers now that i think of it), or maybe it vibrates so much you could have some real fun with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2005 23:46 
I think you should also note this...:
PS3 : 7 cores @ 3.2ghz
Xbox360 : 3 cores @ 3.2ghz

Also, the new controller is there because of a lawsuit about the Dualshock controller; they had to change it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2005 06:43 
More cores does not necesarily translate into better performance..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2005 07:27 
Gotta be PS3 All the way