Xentales

Talk about stuff, and if you must, about Xenimus
It is currently 16 Dec 2017 06:54

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My life in Xenimus years
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017 17:43 
Pulitzer Prize

Character(s): -
Hi, it's Roland. You may remember me from thousands of shitposts that have since been deleted forever. Well, I just found myself thinking about these old forums and I thought I'd sort of summarize my experience with Xenimus, all these years later.

Xenimus was a big deal in my life. I first encountered the game after my dad died and I had to go live with my uncle and aunt. My uncle had played the game in its first year with his good friend at the time Gene (Blackandblue Knight--the second player to ever log into Xen) so he introduced it to me and I quickly got addicted. This was around 2003 I think. Interestingly, at one point Gene was in a bad way and actually came to live with us for several months and even let me log in and play his character a couple times and hunt at the shrine he always hunted at (even though I tried to convince him it was slow as f- to level there).

Let me go ahead and mention that I never stuck with a single character long enough for them to be a high enough level to make a blip on anyone's radar. At one point several years later I bought a character named "Mymic" when he was around level 35 and I got him to low 40's I think. I just had various low level noobs like "Roland" "Explosive Calamity" and perhaps my favorite: "Port Hopping Pk." I had dozens of characters over the years.

Regardless, Xen became my life. I played it constantly and experienced all the highs and lows that bond all Xenimus players. I was pked for high level gear, got scammed, made enemies, made friends, went on pk sprees, was around for huge updates, massive duped item drops, and all the little sideplots you get sucked into when someone asks for your help or screws you over somehow. It was a rollercoaster.

I also met a girl on Xenimus that I "dated" over the phone for a couple years and even flew to meet in New York. It went bad as soon as we met because we were both awkward (me moreso), but she was a huge deal in my life for a long time. I wrote the story of this as a journal post here many years ago, but it looks gone now.

I met a friend too--my best friend for a couple years at least. We both had the same sense of humor and we talked all the time and even had creative projects together like blogs and youtube channels until we drifted apart over the years.

It's kind of crazy that this little game had such a huge impact on me--such a stranglehold on my emotions in so many ways, but I look back on all of it fondly. It's that nostalgia that still has me checking the Xenimus website for updates, when I haven't played in years and no longer have any desire too. Well, that's not entirely true. The truth is, I actually do have a yearning to recapture all the magic and fear and accomplishment I felt when I played back in those days. It's the same kind of yearning that makes you want to get back with an old girlfriend even though you know you can never go back to what you had. That time has passed. If you're smart, you just move on.

Well anyway, I guess that's about it. I could ramble for a lot longer with stories of shit that happened in Xenimus and what's gone on in my life since I was here, but I'll spare you guys the wall of text. Long story short, it's been wild and crazy and I'm doing well. Hope you all are too.

Peace

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 13:12 

I remember you. I don't remember specifics, just a lot of PKs and negative interactions.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2017 20:26 
I don't think I'm very good at this

Character(s): Doffenfan186
I remember many...uhh...debates.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2017 04:03 
Pulitzer Prize

Character(s): -
Kay wrote:
I remember many...uhh...debates.

Yep, sounds like me. I remember you as well, and fondly, though I don't remember much about you. I still enjoy the spirited exchange of ideas but I no longer resort to insult as a primary response to things I disagree with. Hope you're doing well, and everyone else.