Xentales

Talk about stuff, and if you must, about Xenimus
It is currently 18 Dec 2017 12:33

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2006 22:21 

well oh

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:19, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2006 23:36 

Today I downloaded and installed DAoC. DAoC is the game that I lost my best Xeni-friends to, Sir William, his wife Mandy, and Will's daughter Kayla. I have no idea on what server they play, but that hardly matters now since I've un-subscribed and uninstalled DAoC. Each time I tried to load a character, the client would close and I would crash to my desktop. I adjusted my graphics settings and checked the FAQ at the tech support page, but to no avail. So that was that with DAoC.

Lately I've been playing a lot of the games at Maid Marian, mostly Sherwood Dungeon. It's a great way to kill time and very cool in a simple sort of way. I play Sherwood Dungeon whenever I have a quick spare moment, usually only for a few minutes at a time. I really have no idea how they keep track of your characters and items. You can type in a different name each time you log in, clear your cookies, and do whatever else, yet your character is still as you left it. Pretty neat. I guess they catalogue your character by your IP address.
www.maidmarian.com
Check it out.

At some point in the near future I'll make a post in this (my journal) thread of all my favorite bands. I get asked what they are rather frequently and they're so many and so varied that it would just be easier for all involved if I just directed the inquisitor to this page and post. I think I'll also include some information about each group and my favorite song of theirs.

Today was Father's Day. We didn't really do anything. I mean, my mom made an extra nice breakfast for Dad, I gave Dad an American Elm tree (this may not seem like such a big thing, but I live in the country and a few years back Dutch Elm Disease killed virtually every single Elm tree there is in the country. plus, Dad loves Elm trees [I think it reminds him of life in the city, where he used to live], and it was rather expensive), a nice card, and a little "astroglobe" thing. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's sort of like an astrological calendar with all the signs of the zodiac on it. I don't know what it is, if it serves a purpose, or what, I just know that my dad likes sculptures like that.

One of my many ambitions is to be a published author "when I grow up." This, at least, is doable. I mean, it's not like my other interests -- politics; the sciences, specifically physics; travel and photography; the military -- those I can't exactly combine. Writing is something I could do on the side with any one of those. It doesn't take up a lot of time, I'm reasonably decent at it and I enjoy it, and the potential for a lot of money is there. Isn't that what everyone looks for in a job? The problem is that I'm not nearly good enough at writing. I need to learn more, grow more, and be more.

Of course, that brings me in to my thirst. I want knowledge. I really want to be the guy with all the answers, I want everything in the universe. Heck, I want everything outside of the universe, too, or at least all of the answers to all of the questions inside and outside the universe. I want knowledge. I'm frequently asked by my friends how I know such and such a thing. To that, I give what I perceive as a satisfactory answer, and the topic usually changes. The other day, however, Mikey (an freaking wacko, and probably my best friend) asked me how I knew something. The something he was referring to was my knowledge of the KT, the FM, Jesus and the Apostles, Opus Dei, the Catholic Church, and Dan Brown and the DaVinci Code. I told him it interested me and I'm very closely linked to some of those things, so it just makes me more interested and I research into them more and more. To that he said something to the effect of "No, no, not that. I mean everything. Like, how do you know so much about everything?" I don't flatter easily. Nor do I like to think I show off. But I have to admit I was flattered, and I really didn't know what to say to that. So I just attributed it to my decent memory, even though I know that's not true. But that's the question. Why do I know things? I guess it's because I just figure things out. Logic, deduction, common sense, context clues? Why not?

The following is a poem I didn't write, but I envy Franz Endres, who did write it. He's brilliant.

Winter Solstice
Franz Carl Endres

Let haters hate! once hate will die,
when mankind wiser has become,
and heroism will have a new meaning,
that is: to help and not to murder.
In the chain we extend our fraternal hand
and greet you beyond sea and land,
you, brother in mankind. We do not hate.
Forward towards truth! Forward towards light!

Let liars lie! - the lie will die.
Once better days will come,
when to our grandchildren our time will seem
no more than a faded tale.
In our circle the lie is dead.
Through the night we see the approaching dawn
and prepare the way and have no dread.

Let glasses tinkle on the solstice!
Everything in the world is turning.
The ruler of today, tomorrow's nothing.
What is life but a becoming.
We see the goal, where the sun rises,
where its rays give life to a new earth.
We turn towards the East our face:

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2006 13:14 

In addition to my music post which will be coming in a day or two, I think I'll also do a "cool link post," so to speak. I would list all of the cool games I have played and all of the little corners of the web that don't get nearly enough sunlight so as to grow to their full potential. Shadowflare, Maid Marian, and a bunch of the small MMORPGs I (used to) play would all be on the list. E-giants such as YTMND I probably won't put on the list, since, if you don't already know about those, then... well, this list is for the little guy.

I just got back from physical therapy. According to Poppy v2.0 (although, as I've already informed Poppy, I consider Poppy v2.0 to be a downgrade) my ankle is coming along nicely. On Thursday I couldn't lift myself onto my right ankle from a normal standing position, and I did twenty of those today, Monday. Tami (my PT, AKA Poppy v2.0) gave me a bunch more exercises to do. These ones work mostly on strengthening, as opposed to the mobility training that I was doing. It seems that these new exercises also work on my calf, not just my foot and ankle.

JCF

Post subject: Links
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2006 10:49 

Below is an incomplete list of some of the neatest, yet not well known, places on the intraweb. If you know of any good ones, please PM them to me. Also, if you see an error or broken link, kindly PM that to me as well. If you wish, I'll give you credit on this page. The red text is a link. Enjoy:

Maid Marian
I've posted this link earlier in my journal thread. It's run by a small(ish) group of guys and the site is basically just five or six browser-based MMORPGs. The best by far, in my opinion, is Sherwood Dungeon.

MiniClip
This is a great site to kill time. It reminds me of Addicting Games in that it's not exactly an unknown. People know about it. But, hey, why not. It's my post, I can do what I want. Very Happy Anyways, the site is just a frequently updated compilation of videos and games. Cool beans.

ShadowFlare
Hot. Damn. This is a largely single player game, but you can play online if you know the host's IP address. As that's somewhat difficult to obtain, however, the developers (Denyusha Co.; don't worry, the game is in English) were kind enough to put out a lobby client, an easy to use applet-like thing for finding games. ShadowFlare itself is similar to Diablo (but what isn't?), but is, in my opinion, better. You need to complete missions in order to progress through the storyline, but you're certainly not limited to just that. By all means, go out to kill stuff. Rip monsters' hearts out to your... heart's content. Meh, this game is great. ShadowFlare has four episodes. The first one is free, the following three you have to pay for. I'm currently nearing the end of the second episode.

Eternal Lands
I no longer play EL, but when I did I definitely enjoyed myself. It's easier to thrive in EL than it is to thrive in Xenimus, but it is somewhat difficult to start out. Two years back their database was wiped, so if you played a long time ago and were about to come back (like me...), then you're screwed. Do I sound bitter? Nah. A few years back, the original Lexic -- a great guy -- played. But I digress. Eternal Lands is a community-driven MMORPG that's still relatively small, like Xenimus. Well, Xen isn't community-driven. EL is written entirely in C.

Monkkonen
This site has five games on it and is run entirely by one talented dude. Ville Monkkonen started programming when he was fourteen years old, and, in addition to game design, he's an amazing artist. Some of his artwork can be found here. As for the games on Monkkonen, though, I highly suggest trying out the Forge. The controls take some getting used to, but it's worth it after a little while.

e-Game
E-Game, e-Game, e-Game, what to say, what to say? E-Game is a site that was shut down a few years back. On the main page they say that "soon a new website with games and competitions will open here." Well, how soon is soon? They've been saying that for like four years now. Whatever, I doubt it'll ever re-open, but in the meanwhile you can download their old games, some of which are actually pretty neat.

PopCap
PopCap is a very neat way to kill time. There are puzzle games, arcade games, a few card games, and word games. I highly suggest InsaniQuarium. Go for the "basic web game" version of it. It's extremely addicting.

AfriCam
This is very cool. It's not a game, but a conglomeration of people taking pictures up close and personal of some of Africa's wildlife. They describe the site as "the world's first virtual game reserve." I have gotten many cool desktops from the pictures off of AfriCam.

Pocket Tanks
Welcome to 2.83 MB of pockety goodness (or more if you buy the "deluxe version." it'd definitely be worth it if it didn't cost so much for what really isn't that big an upgrade)! Pocket Tanks is amazing. I love this thing. You can't play it in your browser, nor can you play it online, but it's great to play against a computer or another person physically at your computer. Some of the weapons are very creative and cool.

Xenimus
Do I really need to write a description for this? Xenimus is run by a single guy, EJ Thayer, of Ominex Games Productions (formerly Dirus Games).

SNES9x (SNES emulator)
SNES9x is probably the best emulator out there for SNES emulations (ROMs). Sure, there are those that swear by ZSNES or a similar program, but I name those people wrong. SNES9x is the emulator to get if you're in to old games. But you can't do anything with the emulator alone. You need ROMs, which brings me to...

NeroLogic
NeroLogic is definitely my favorite site for ROMs. There's a nice collection of SNES ROMs there, and they're just starting to stockpile NES ROMs. I personally don't have a NES emulator, but it seems they have a good selection of emulations for the NES console, and it's definitely growing. Though NeroLogic doesn't necessarily have the selection of other ROM sites (Rom Nation, Rom Hustler, etc.), it's still in my opinion the best, and you can find any major SNES game there.

Spiderweb Software
The folks at Spiderweb are the brilliant minds behind the Exile and Geneforge series. They've definitely made more than those, though, and all of them are great. The graphics may not be the best, but the gameplay is amazing. I highly recommend the Geneforge series.

RTSoft
RTSoft is pretty neat. They (by they I mean Seth and Akiko Robinson, a husband and wife; the company is a two person team) are known for weird, yet very, very cool games. My personal favorite is Dink Smallwood. You play as Dink, a pig farmer. But you don't farm... pigs! Oh, no, you kill stuff! Well, just check it out, I promise it'll be worth your while. It's a single player Zelda-esque RPG with great and perfectly timed humor. Look just below for more on Dink.

Dink Network
The Dink Network is the best place to go for all things Dink. There you can find reviews, forums, blogs, and tons and tons of downloads. The best part of the Dink Network is the mods. Ranging from graphical adjustments and tweaks to all new massive storylines taking days to complete, you can find it here.

Armor Games
This site is pretty neat. There's a bunch of Shockwave-esque games on there. It's a nice way to pass the time; I like to go here when I'm waiting for a download to finish or something. Usually I frequent the adventure section, but there are action games, weird games, puzzle games, sports games, whatever floats your boat.

Visual Boy Advance (Gameboy emulator)
Somewhere above there's SNES9x, an SNES emulator. Visual Boy Advance is a Gameboy emulator. Sure, there are people who say that the Gameboy, like the Gamecube, is "little kiddish." I completely agree that the Gamecube is for younger kids, but the Gameboy is for all ages, and is a great way to kill time -- not like Xen, where you have to invest tons of time to get anywhere. Visual Boy Advance is the best Gameboy emulator out there.

GBXemu
But, like SNES9x, any emulator needs ROMs. SNES9x has NeroLogic, and Visual Boy Advance has GBXemu. You can find anything there. By "anything," of course, I mean anything. Any GBA ROM, that is. Be warned, though, the site is slow. Very slow. Luckily, all of the downloads are offsite (meaning fast).

More to come later. Feel free to submit any.

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2006 23:18 

annnnnnd gone

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2006 12:38 

derr

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2006 14:30 

This is hilarious. About five minutes after I wrote my last journal entry, I logged on Xenimus. What do I see? Well... there's my character. Right where I left him, good. Same level and even a little bit more experience, good. No gear except for a nodrop/notrade fire sword, goo- wait, what? Thanks, Scott. Confused

I've added a few more to my list of cool games/sites. There's fifteen of them now. Start submitting stuff, people! Ideally, the list gets really long before I die (in about two years).

I've been playing Morrowind lately. Wicked cool, as always. I've downloaded some spiffy new mods, too. One of them -- the Underground -- is very cool. Unfortunately, it was about a gig, and a huge part of the mod is night clubs which absolutely wreck your frame rate. Basically, you meet up with a vampire of the opposite sex (with whom you can have a relationship with, if you so choose. I'm not into that.) and the two of you either save or destroy the world. It sounds like it's been done before, but trust me, it hasn't. At least not like this.

Yesterday Poppy v2.0 told me that I'm really coming along fast and that this weekend I can try a light jog. Wewt! If my ankle doesn't swell up too big after a few miles, then I can kick up the pace. Hopefully I'll be back to normal in no time. Which, of course, is good since I have to start training for basketball season. Although, there may be a few problems. For one, I haven't run in ages so my mileage is probably shot. And for another, well... I guess there was just one. It's a big one, though.

Time for a jog.

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2006 17:45 

Fantastic, I now have two sprained ankles. My right ankle, at least, is getting stronger and I have a brace for it. But just yesterday I sprained my left ankle and I swear this one hurt twice as much and swelled up thrice as much. I'm not actually sure but I'm assuming I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Unlike when I sprained my right ankle, I didn't go to the hospital because we were pretty sure (when I sprained my left ankle yesterday) that it wasn't broken. The original post of me spraining my right ankle can be found here. The newer post about me injuring my left ankle can be found here. Mostly what I'm worried about is hurting my previously injured right ankle because I'm going to be favoring it so much over my newly sprained left ankle. In fact, I won't be using my left foot at all for a few days.

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006 17:27 

I had the most amazing dream last night. It was the best dream I've ever had and absolutely incredible. I'm still in awe over it. Bear with me while I describe it, as certain parts I don't quite remember.

In the dream I'm sort of the equivalent of a Musketeer. I'm the ranking officer at a fort... I forgot the name. It was very cool, though. It started with a "c." Almost like Creed Keep, but it wasn't that. I don't know. Anyway, this enemy force that is much larger than mine is advancing towards us and before we know it we're engaged in a full-scale siege. The enemy force ends up breaching our walls and, again before we know it, there's fighting in the corridors and the castle is being ravaged from within.

Eventually every last man under my command is dead. I'm the last guy standing and alone I reduce the enemy force to four (five, actually) men. At this point I'm battered and bloody but about to kill the remaining four when a fifth steps up out of nowhere and kicks the living shit out of me. Well, he keeps asking me where these three treasures are. Back in the real world -- now, as I'm writing this -- I don't remember what those treasures looked like. I do know, however, that they're of great importance historically, monetarily, and intrinsically. I also know that they're hidden in the keep. In the dream, the enemy inquisitor who tossed me around like a rag doll doesn't know they're in the castle, but I do. Back to the dream.

He keeps asking (and by asking I mean violently torturing) me where they are. I refuse to tell him. Eventually, he gets fed up and pulls out a dagger from under his Musketeer-like tunic. [Side note: my tunic is gray/white. The invading force's is red. Later on in the dream I'm commended for my valor or something like that and I get a big boost in rank and my tunic becomes very flashy. Red, blue, and purple; a bunch of colors, yet it's very beautiful. Nothing in this dream, except for one thing which I'll mention later, matters as much to me as that tunic.] Anyways, with that dagger he just pulled out, he advances towards my position face down on the ground. I'm very beaten up and bloody. He then slowly inserts the knife into my ear all the way to my brain. Just before it hits my brain, I remember thinking what a tragedy it is that my brain is damaged. I don't at all think of my life. The blade pierces my brain.

I should be dead, yet somehow I'm not. So here I am on the ground bleeding from everywhere with an immensely powerful guy and four of his minions standing over me. At this point, I kick the knee of the powerful guy who just stabbed my brain with a knife. He lets out a grunt, and just like that I jump up and sprint out the door. I end up on my real life street, and I'm running so fast that it's like my feet don't even touch the ground. My legs are a blur. I remember being surprised in the dream of how fast I'm going considering all the injuries I've sustained. Fascinating.

So I'm running down my street [By the way, I live in a very rural area and it's rare that a car graces the pavement that serves as a street outside my house.] and the strong (not just in actual muscular strength) guy is chasing me. The strong dude morphs into a bird. That's right, a bird. Not a majestic eagle, a carrion consuming crow or raven -- not even a hawk, but a small little sparrow. As the sparrow, he goes so fast as to catch up to me, and he even flies past me as if he knows where I'm going. I keep running. Eventually I end up in a town that’s eight miles away from my house and I'm not slowing down.

At some point I end up along a highway and I'm running faster than most of the cars. Also at this point, the powerful guy (from here on out, the "powerful guy" will be referred to as the "enemy soldier.") is chasing me in his human form. He laughs at how slow I am compared to him. Realizing I can't outrun him, I hop up into the bed of a pickup truck. I don't see him. Then I'm surprised as he hops up into the back of that same truck. We grapple for a while, and I'm able to throw him off of the back of the truck. Naturally I feel pretty good about myself. Apparently, though, the enemy soldier grabbed onto the undercarriage and he pulls himself up again. Just as he's about to get in for the second time I scream at the driver to brake. The first time, the driver does so slowly as if coming to a stop sign. He then returns to his previous speed. I spazz at him, telling him to "BRAKE!" He does so, and the enemy soldier goes flying, only to get run over by a big rig. Amazingly, the enemy soldier gets up and stares at me. Almost with respect, friendship even. I nod, and then take off.

Now I'm back at the keep, surrounded by dead comrades and enemies alike. Somehow during the course of the dream up until this point I picked up two things. One is the focal point of this whole fiasco. An astonishingly beautiful green foil. A foil is one of the three main weapons used in fencing. Not a dueling sword, though -- not an épée. Considering all of the other inconsistencies in this dream, though, I think we can overlook that one. Anyways, this foil was and is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. It was incredible. It was just a metallic green foil with a large hand guard. Exquisite. The other thing I picked up was four of my friends from school. They were dressed as I was, in the Musketeer outfit, and they were of equal rank to me or just below me. I'm not quite sure.

With the beautiful new foil (I can't stress that enough, it was amazing!) and those four guys (William, William, Mikey, and Willy) I head back towards the main castle with the king we serve. Once there we get those tunics and the boost in rank I mentioned earlier. I'm asked to enter the throne room alone and speak with the king. What's funny is that I don't remember what we spoke about, but I know that it's not important. After that I return to the keep where it all went down alone and recover the treasures. I return them to the king, and then leave. Just like that. I walk off into the countryside alone in full regalia -- tunic, belt, boots, plumed hat, foil, etc. I just cease to exist.

And that's the end.

I just got back from the doctor. I have a grade II sprain on my left ankle, less severe than the grade III of my right ankle. To that, I asked why the left ankle hurt so much more. He (the doctor) said it was because when I cleanly (as cleanly as cleanly gets in this instance) tore the ligament in my right ankle, when I stretch it... well, there's nothing to stretch. But when I partially tear the ligament in my left ankle, each time I move it I tear it a little more. So now that makes sense to me. I have to wear an ugly brace on my left ankle for quite a while, in addition to the "pretty" ( Laughing ) brace on my right ankle. My summer just got completely destroyed. It's also a shame that I've been called fast. Heck, I am fast. I can run the one hundred in thirteen seconds flat. Unfortunately, I'll never be that fast again.

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006 14:06 

Twenty-five uses for a toothpick:

1) Giving thousands of people jobs in toothpick factories.
2) Sticking in pastries to avoid the travesty that would be the aluminum foil smearing the frosting.
3) Emergency food source when ground with talcum powder and mixed with water.
4) Staring at one to figure out how to use it.
5) Speared through an olive, eyeball, or orange wedge for a martini.
6) Speared through a sandwich to keep it together.
7) Great for self defense. After all, if the pen is mightier than the sword, then the toothpick is mightier than the 12-gauge shotgun.
8) Picking your teeth.
9) Filling boxes with them for use as a table decoration.
10) Makes a great gift.
11) Use it as a quill pen in absence of a sharpie.
12) Chewing on one to make yourself look TUFF.
13) Using it as a legitimate reason for conscientious objection.
14) For use in place of an abacus.
15) Use it instead of a knife in sacrificial rituals.
16) Use one to dig out of prison.
17) Use one to dig into prison.
18) Makes a great coaster.
19) Beat it up to boost your self-esteem!
20) For use when stabbing yourself with 10,000 toothpicks to prove that you really are an idiot.
21) For smoking in place of pot.
22) For use when building a bridge.
23) Bed of nails? That is so last year. Bed of toothpicks!
24) Great as a visual aid when telling a person where he can shove his toothpick.
25) Reading material!

Below is a short little collage poem I originally wrote for school. I pretty much just picked a slew of random lines, phrases, and words from various pop culture magazines and tossed them in a box. Then I wrote them all down, scrambled them up, and arranged them into one glutinous mass of text. The editing and cutting and rearranging that ensued is enough to terrify Ann Coulter.

The Bell Tolls

Imagine all the people,
All for them.
Urge them no more --
They've tugged the leash,
I should hate them.
The Brotherhood of Men,
Sharing all the world,
Worn out and
Faded.

Expose the weakness
That we know,
End this weariness.
The hounds rejoice
In the hunt
For us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006 21:27 

I was on KoL on the top of Mount Noob when I just glanced at the "Dire Warren" near the base of the mountain. And then something just clicked. If there are any writers reading this, please PM me the answer because I am truly curious as to the answer of this question. I mean, usually I just ask rhetorical questions to goad a conversation down a certain path -- not always, just with certain people... mostly those of below average intelligence. So the inquiry is as follows: do you ever see just a single word and then an entire plot line unfolds in your mind? You just get utterly inspired by one single word, or perhaps a phrase? That happens to me all the time, but this time the word "warren" really lit a bomb fire under my writing hand. I'm really excited about my newest project and it's ridiculous that I'm even interrupting it to write this. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge to self to get my ass back to writing! Once I work on it some more, I'll post it.

EDIT: I'm about to go to bed, so I'll just post what I have so far. By the way, the first person to figure out what the honorific "Mon." stands for gets a cookie. It should be easy considering the names I'm using. Also, when you transfer a word document to this, all of the "special" characters get wiped. I think I found all of the spacing and italics I had to put back in, but I may have missed some.

It was the first time in eight years Mon. Jacques Clouseau had set foot in the Warren, and he had to admit he was glad to be back. Jacques suspected that after an 8-year hiatus, anyone would be glad to return to the Warren. It was a place of utmost peace, utmost serenity, and there was no place like it in all of Terra. Jacques had moved around a lot during his thirty-seven year life, almost enough to be called a nomad. He had lived in the sweltering deserts, in the harsh arctic climate of the North, on countryside farms, and in cities such as Knight’s Terrace that had a population larger than most countries. Yet no matter where he lived, and no matter how long he stayed there, he had always considered the Warren the closest thing he had ever had to a home; not that a man like Clouseau could ever have a home, but the fact that he felt at home while amidst the maze of oaks, birches, and elms bore testament to the Warren’s seductive powers.

There was nothing special about the Warren’s geography, its physical space. After all, it was just a dense forest striated with overgrown paths and surrounding a clearing. No, it was the quasi-spiritual aspect of that space that invariably attracted the multitude of wildlife that called the Warren home. Home, thought Clouseau, always returning to the concept of “home.” What is home?

Long ago Jacques had lived in the Warren with his late uncle Michel. They both inhabited a small cabin that somehow at the same time managed to seem spacious. It was – and therefore they were – situated in the center of the clearing that was in turn at the center of the trees. Jacques figured that from a bird’s point of view, his cabin must look like the bullseye of a very large target. And if that were the case, Clouseau reasoned, it was only a matter of time before a very large drunkard got very lucky with a very large knife and his “home” was speared into oblivion. Not that having my home destroyed would be anything out of the ordinary.

Jacques reached up and plucked a leaf off of the low-lying branch of a particularly tall oak. Even the tall trees have low branches.

Clouseau’s uncle Michel had died when Jacques was still a boy. Alone he had buried his only family under the elm Michel had often taken his meals at. Alone Jacques had packed his things, including a rusty sword his uncle had given him the past year, and started walking. Alone Jacques had arrived in the nearest town – still ten leagues away, and alone he had left that town. Alone, he moved on. Since boyhood solitude had been a recurring theme in Jacques’s life.

Jacques approached the cross at the head of a mound of earth under the tallest tree in the Warren. An elm. He laid the leaf on top of the tomb, paying silent homage to the only family he had ever known and his oldest and best friend.

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2006 13:45 

ahhhhhh

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2006 14:36 

Snap, I guess it's about time to update this thing. Problem is, I don't have much to update it with. As I go through my day I occasionally see things and am like "that's going in my journal." Problem is, by the end of the day I've completely forgotten what it was that I saw or did that was so journal-worthy. So now I'm sitting here pulling incoherent thoughts and words out of thin air and mangling them until they form a sentence that conveys yet another pointless thought. Still, I do have a few things I can spew out to take up space on this page, and they're coming up, so leave now while you still have the chance.

Apparently with an application for modship that I sent jokingly to RateMyTeachers, I suddenly became a moderator there. Not bad, I guess. Power trips are always fun. Anyways, in two days I've revamped a bunch of (eleven) teacher names, approved or denied sixteen ratings, and approved one response. The forums are okay. Okay meaning normal -- all forums have a population filled mostly with idiots who know they're idiots and pseudo-intellectuals who have no idea.

I've spent the last few days picking raspberries. Mostly black ones -- they taste a lot better than the reds. We have a bunch of raspberry bushes in our backyard. We've also got a few apple trees, two plum trees, some Concord grapevines, a cherry tree, and some strawberries. Oh, and those gross thimbleberries. I like picking raspberries because it's relaxing, idle work. Your hands are busy, but your mind is free to wander and it feels great with the sun at your back (I was about to say "with the sun on your face," but that wouldn't be accurate since most of the time you're bent over trying to reach as far in as possible while trying to avoid getting too bloodied up). One of the things I was thinking about while filling up my bowl, though, was where the berries are positioned. They grow best in partial shade, so the plump ones are always the lowest and deepest. Essentially, the best berries are always the hardest to reach.

I bought a cheap yet neat looking watch the other day. It has a nice leather band and a neat face with Daron Malakian, Serj Tankian, John Dolmayan, and Shavo Odjondajian (or however you spell Shavo's last name). For the heathens, that's System of a Down, my favorite band. Well, heck, I'll just find a picture of the watch. Here is the watch.

Partially (mostly) due to Userbars, I have a new forum signature. I disable it for my journal, but if you haven't already seen it in my other posts...

Next weekend I'll probably be going down to Ohio to see my grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It should be fun. It's a five hour drive, but considering I only see them about once a year, it's well worth it. They all live down near Cleveland. Every single one of my relatives in Ohio are on my mom's side of the family and in the past my dad has had a few... disagreements, to put it mildly. Because of that he hasn't come with Mom and I on one of our annual visits in quite a while. He'll probably go with us this time, though, so I'm interested in how it will work out. He does insist on staying in a hotel, though. Usually Mom and I just stay at Grandma's house.

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006 15:28 

nuh-uh

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2006 12:24 

smash smash smash

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2006 13:22 

krunk smash

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2006 10:54 

gruhhhhhh?

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2006 10:36 

You're wasting your time here. Read Ryan's journal instead. It's a better writer than I am and its journal is more entertaining than mine.

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2006 00:31 

ungha

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2006 15:41 

ungha

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2006 11:00 

he waved his hand
and it was no more

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2006 00:31 

oh em gee
gone gone gone

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2006 12:13 

Simba had another seizure last night.

JCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2006 13:46 

The Cage
Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica)

A lifetime ago, with frozen eyes they closed the door.
Suddenly I realized what locks are for. No trusting them anymore, lights - are - out.

Empty the stare, innocent and unaware, dragged out from my home, my lair.
Earmarked me, hurt me, burned me.

The walls around me, eyes surround me, feed my fear again.
I must be freed or I will die before the harvest moon, my friend.
I do not have another year in me, you've gotta set me free.

The dream is alive, I can run up the hills every night,
go around and see another side of the tree.
Freedom has a meaning for me, howl with me.

Fear in the dark, I advise you. Can't see the eyes, they glow behind you....
It's my song they now sing to you.
You stand no chance....

They'll kill for me, steal back my freedom, set me free, it's my minions versus thee.
Fiery the vengeance, hate will drain me.

All I want is to be untamed and free, howl and (dream).

The dream is alive, with the moon on the hills every night,
run around and see another side of the dream.
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me...

You will remember the day you crossed my path.
leave me without a guard and you feel my wrath.
What you have done to me has made me bitter and cruel.
I'll see that all the hate you spread returns to you, you, to you...

run around and see another side of the dream.
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me...

go around and see another side of the dream.
Freedom has a meaning for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2006 20:18 

Das Lied von Amergin

Ich bin ein Hirsch: mit sieben Sprossen,
Ich bin eine Flut: über einer Ebene,
Ich bin ein Wind: auf einem tiefen See,
Ich bin eine Träne: die von der Sonne fiel,
Ich bin ein Falke: über der Klippe,
Ich bin ein Dorn: unter dem Nagel,
Ich bin ein Wunder: zwischen Blumen,
Ich bin ein Zauberer: wer außer mir
Entzündet den kühlen Kopf mit Rauch?

Ich bin ein Speer: der von Blut dröhnt,
Ich bin ein Lachs: in einem Teich,
Ich bin ein Zauber: aus dem Paradies,
Ich bin ein Berg: wo Dichter wandeln,
Ich bin ein Eber: unbarmherzig und rot,
Ich bin ein Welle: Verhängnis drohend,
Ich bin ein Kind: wer außer mir
Späht aus dem klobigen Dolmentor?

Ich bin der Schoß: eines jeden Hains,
Ich bin die Flamme: auf jedem Hügel,
Ich bin die Königin: eines jeden Bienenstocks,
Ich bin der Schild: für jeden Kopf,
Ich bin die Gruft: aller Hoffnung.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2006 17:41 

ah

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2006 21:46 

nu

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2006 20:19 

nu

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2006 18:50 

My last entry, only to give you a link.

http://xentales.com/viewtopic.php?t=46271

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2006 20:13 

nu nu nu

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006 20:14 

guh

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2006 12:38 

The "myth" that lemmings blindly commit suicide isn't just due to the Walt Disney film. It's not that they're so horny during mating season that they become suicidal, it's a jab at their intelligence/faithfulness. If the 'leader' runs off of a cliff, all lemmings following him will do just that.

(Plus, in case you missed it, the blog wasn't meant to be taken seriously.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006 13:10 

oh mah god

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2006 16:13 

Quote:
Stop being such a fag and go get laid or something.

I've been called a 'fag' a lot lately. Admittedly only by two people (but such good friends they might as well be one), this making three. And I won't be having sex for a while yet (by choice). And again, that's not my name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2006 18:49 

oh mah god
oh mah god
oh mah god

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2006 19:38 

noooo

Last edited by Amergin on 03 May 2009 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2006 15:50 

Invictus
William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2006 00:26 

ungh

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2006 11:11 

ergh

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2006 19:06 

My uncle's son died. My parents are apparently going to the funeral, not because they cared for the son (he wasn't related to any of us), but to comfort my uncle. Understandably, he took it rather hard. The parents are driving up Friday while I'm at school, and Sarah is picking me up from school to chill at her place for a few hours until we grab Amogh, and probably some other people, and head over to the Maze for real this time.

I was in a rather solemn mood all day (completely unrelated), but just now I'm starting to perk up. 'Tis good.

Potesta est.