Xentales

Talk about stuff, and if you must, about Xenimus
It is currently 16 Dec 2017 22:12

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2006 03:29 
Working retail sucks. Probably everyone knows this. If you don't, you're probably a rich ass that will have the good fortune of never working a low end job in retail or fast food.

All though it is shity as hell, it gives you a chance to see real people. Working in an office you'd probably only see people like you or with somewhat the same interests. Normally if you work some where, its because you are somewhat interested in that, and most likely, so is everyone else. But in retail, you just work there. Most people in retail couldn't give a rats ass where ever they worked, as long as they get paid.

Working retail has shown me people are f- stupid. I'm probably f- stupid too, but hey, so are they. Right now I work at Stein Mart, and I have for over three years now. I have seen more than one customer line up at a closer, empty register, waiting to get checked out instead of walking over to my register, that I am clearly standing at. I have been told by a customer how our stores Preffered Customer Card works. I only work there so how should I know? To them, I am not a living human, but a cashier there to serve them.

I can live with the bullshit of the customers most of the time. But what really gets me is when your co-workers turn into idiots to. I currently am in the position of Lead Cashier. This means I am a cashier, but I boss people around and have some manager privileges. I was a cashier for about two years before I got this position because I was never available enough for it. It's safe to say I made some friends with the employes that now are under me. What I can't stand is when a manager tells me what the rules are. I then pass it on to the cashiers below me, and they force me to make them follow it. Nothing worse than telling a friend they HAVE to get on their register and stay there, because they can't be trusted to do their job. It makes me look like the ass because I'm bossing my friends around. If you have ever been in a supervisors position you know this to be complete and utter bull shit. If they were my friends, I shouldn't have ever had to force them to follow the rules. It should have been, "Okay Taylor," because they understand it's not me saying this, but MY superiors. To bad even the guys on my side can be stupid f- people.

If you havn't noticed by now this is a rant and it's kinda late 'cause I'm done. I just wonder sometimes if there is something wrong with me that makes me stay where I am, and not try to find something new. If you really think about it. . .the customers arn't the retarded one taking all this stupid shit. I am.

Added after 17 minutes:

Things getting you down? Think like I do! "At least I'm not a midget." Works wonders when it looks like there is no hope left.

Just think! What midget doesn't want to be taller? If you are taller than a midget, than someone wants to be like you, so life can't be all that bad. Can it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006 07:06 
Man, I had my fly down for like an hour at work today, and I didn't even know it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006 02:14 
Lol

It was awsome. At work today a woman came in who was apparently under chemo-therapy. She was talking to this girl at the service desk while we were trying to solve some dispute with her. Mayra (the girl) told the woman she was feeling sick and the woman flipped. She told her that people like her should not be at work. She said that Mayra could kill her and couldn't believe that Stein Mart would allow a sick person to work. I got a good laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2006 16:57 
Finally!

I been working 34 hours a week (full time at my work) but they finally cut my hours! Going to school full time and work is a real bitch. Now I only work 3 days a week so I dont work again till Friday. Kick ass! I can actually hang out with friends again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2006 20:43 
I ate food today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 May 2006 03:59 
So like, I totally like, forgot about this like, journal thing, so like, I guess like, I'm gonna like, do an entry.

Man have I been a slacker. Not doin my homework on time. Not been workin out. Not been "totaly there" at work. I needa get my act together.

So, new manager at work. She has never even worked for Stein Mart in her life. Come in there not even a month old working there and tells me, guy who has been working there three years and five months now, how I should be doing things. Granted she's now my boss, but come on. I think I know how to do things, and if I say something is wrong, I guess I'm right and you're f- wrong!

Finally left the country for the first time. Went to Rosarito, Mexico. Was there for spring break. Pretty fun. Course I had to go through a lot of shit to actually get the time off to go there, but hey, got to hang with my friends, get drunk in someone elses country, and light a lot of shit on fire on the beach.

I think my dog hates me. Gives me all this shady looks. Pretends to act happy when I come home from work. Think it's plotting something. Might have to kill it.

So yea work though. Been getting only like two days a week. That's good in a sense that if I was planning on doing all my school work, I'd most definitely have the time to do it now, but I guess I wasn't planning on it. Spent a lot of time doing nothing or just going to friends houses. Now I'm getting four days a week again so I blew all that free time away and have to once again struggle to get shit done at times. Four days isn't bad though, just hate being at my job and sorta kills the motivation when I come home to work. Even as I speak, I should be doing an essay for speech class, and an astronomy lab that are both due on Monday. I have to work both Saturday and Sunday so I doubt I'll be motivated for that crap.

Shaving both ways produces less chafing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2006 02:45 
The robots have attacked!

Yes, at the Savon Drugs near my work, they have replaced some of the cash registers with self check-outs. They did this because instead of having 2 ringers for when it gets kinda bussy there, people just self check out at the 2 they got there. Cashier's, like me, days are numbered. Soon we will be taken over by robots and our pathetic little jobs will be useless!!!

Last edited by Hefty Spork on 14 Feb 2007 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2006 01:54 
This crazy lady came into my work today with a suitcase. She went in to the women's restroom and stole all our toilet paper. Greatest Day Ever

Post subject: Why wasn't I told?!
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2006 12:29 
Watched Requiem for a Dream the other day. That movie was so much better than I expected it to be. People have told me that it was a good movie, but I just figured it was like the whole Napoleon Dynamite thing. It blew me away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2006 02:02 
So, some lady thought it was a good idea to piss in one of the corners of the ladies department today at work. Could have been an old person who had a weak bladder, could have been some disgruntled bitch. I dunno, but this has happened way to many times at my store, and it's getting kinda weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2006 15:30 
After almost 4 years of working at Stein Mart, since I was 16 and it is my first job, I have finally put in my notice and am moving on. Just got a job at Best Buy. Orientation on Sunday and my first day will probably be this Friday.

Everyone there thinks I quit because of probelms with someone, but in truth it's just time. It's my first job and I have been there so damn long. I finally just decided I needed a change just to see what else is out there. Oh yea, and the extra pay I'll be getting is pretty sweet too Smile.

Post subject: Re: Teh Jornial
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007 20:32 
So yea, havn't updated this in forever. Umm, still working at Best Buy. 3 month review coming up. Going to be getting some mo doh! Have no regrets leaving my last job, just miss the people I worked with. Hang out with them still, though, so it's ok.

Eat more bacon!

Post subject: Re: Teh Jornial
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007 01:35 
Ain't it fun when you're always on the run.
Ain't it fun when your friends despise what you've become.