Xentales

Talk about stuff, and if you must, about Xenimus
It is currently 17 Dec 2017 23:09

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 15:26 
Omgwtfpk wrote:
I cant see any reason why it wouldnt work for any other classes though.

It's always been a thief (then ranger) thing, which was expanded into the darkwar.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 15:58 
☆☆☆☆☆

But anybody can have a chance at landing a lethal blow.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 21:33 
Stabbity Jones wrote:
But anybody can have a chance at landing a lethal blow.

You sure? I'd like Ej to confirm it, but that could take centuries.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 21:35 
☆☆☆☆☆

Just think about it logically... anyone can kill you with anything.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 21:36 
I... don't really get that logic.

I remember Ej saying something along the lines of
"You can see +% lethal on weapons. Ignore this if you're not a ranger or darkwar, it only works on those classes."

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 22:12 
☆☆☆☆☆

That'd be pretty stupid if it was.

A man picks up a lamp and hits you in the head with it. There's a chance that that single blow is going to kill you. See what I mean? All figs should get lethal from their bonuses, but rangers and darkwars are trained to be more lethal: an assassin if you will.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 22:22 
Well, let's look at it a different way. Figs are designed to be bulky. Slow, but strong. They can do a lot of damage in a hit. While rangers are designed to be smaller, more agile, dealing less damage per hit. They just know where to hit to make it more lethal, and they're more skilled at getting more critical locations to be hit by their swords.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 22:24 
☆☆☆☆☆

That's what I'm saying. They can still get a really good strike, just not a stab like a ranger or something.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 10:39 

Eye of Darkness wrote:
Well, let's look at it a different way. Figs are designed to be bulky. Slow, but strong. They can do a lot of damage in a hit. While rangers are designed to be smaller, more agile, dealing less damage per hit. They just know where to hit to make it more lethal, and they're more skilled at getting more critical locations to be hit by their swords.

That doesn't apply to Xenimus. Fighters can be made just as fast as Rangers and Darkwars. :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 22:44 
Omgwtfpk wrote:
Rangers and Darkwars can train in Lethal, like Steve said. Just making it more effective for them as they have more of a chance to land a lethal hit. Depriving all classes of it would be silly. I'm pretty sure they do get it though. That's why figs damage can vary so much I would think.

Ferocious attack adds +1/3rd damage, and melee weapons have a min and max dmg. There's a lot of things that contribute to fighters' randomness in damage, it doesn't necessarily mean they get lethal.

Freakzoid wrote:
Eye of Darkness wrote:

That doesn't apply to Xenimus. Fighters can be made just as fast as Rangers and Darkwars. :lol:

Yeah, with 21 more agility....

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 23:22 

Yeah the animation looks faster, but the hits aren't really that much faster.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008 00:19 
there's a big difference between 38 agil and 39 agil on darkwars and rangers. I know because I struggled to hunt 'til I got 39 agil at lvl 31 on our darkwar. (juxta sucks, he melees everything).

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013 18:16 
Bigger than Stabbity's

Character(s): Pwnsauce
EVERY CLASS HAS LETHAL NOW! This was confirmed when EJ last did a "race balance". He said he had adjusted all classes base rage/lethal/ferocious % (for example, he raised Paladin's lethal + rage). The props "xx% Lethal Attack" apply to ALL classes. You're way of thinking is so 2004, QQaz :P

Pwnsauce's Market!!!11one

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013 19:47 

Pwnsauce wrote:
EVERY CLASS HAS LETHAL NOW! This was confirmed when Cheeseguy last did a "race balance". He said he had adjusted all classes base rage/lethal/ferocious % (for example, he raised Paladin's lethal + rage). The props "xx% Lethal Attack" apply to ALL classes. You're way of thinking is so 2004, QQaz :P

Fail~<3

This thread is from 2008.
You damn necro.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013 05:14 
Ohomo Way!

Character(s): Hentai (XPS)
*Presses F12 for a return*

Kielz wrote:
I f- love you.

ImageImage