Xentales

Talk about stuff, and if you must, about Xenimus
It is currently 20 Oct 2017 02:40

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xerus MMORPG
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 14:20 

Character(s): Dta Assassin
Hey Guys, I'm hosting my Tibia OT server atm if anyone is interested in playing it. The graphics are worse than Xen and my server has a few bugs/glitches but I find it pretty fun. I've uploaded the client here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=01172842876669885880

Inside that zip file is a pdf that explains how to set it up. If you haven't played tibia before I have a video below showing myself and some people on my server hunting demons which are one of the harder monsters in the game below. If you have played tibia before be aware this is a version 7.5 OT server (which in my opinion is before the game was ruined) but the map is nearly 100% designed by me and I have added a lot of my own quests and shit as well as a few areas that are nearly exact replicas of the real tibia map (like the demon area in the video).

https://youtu.be/0bhgiYwyl1s

Anyway if I see anyone connect I will hop on to help out but if you don't see me post here and I can try to get on to help you out. Currently the XP multiplier is set to 5x which should make leveling pretty damn easy just to mess around on.

Also if anyone wants to own a house you will have to let me know so I can give it to you.

Post subject: Re: Xerus MMORPG
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 17:38 

Character(s): Dta Assassin
Some Tips and Hints:

1. I recommend using "Xerus Classic Control" (Options->General Options) This allows you to just right click to open/use instead of ctrl+right click, as well as some other things that make it easier/faster.

2. Your inventory is located in your bag or backpack (to the right of your helmet spot) which can be opened by right-clicking on it or shift+right click without classic control. Your "Cap" (capacity) is the amount of weight you can hold in ounces, you can however nest as many bags/backpacks as you want inside of each other. Knights can hold the most, pallies the second most, mages the least. Your cap increases based on level.

3. Skills are gained through use. In tibia this meant you would have to find someone to pair up with and hit with a low lvl weapon to advance your weapon/shield skills but I have put "trainers" in each town that you can hit afk to increase your skills

4. To advance in magic you must cast spells. Magic in this game is done either through written phrases (which can be hotkeyed in the options menu) or runes which can be made by mages or purchased. You must have the required magic level to use some spells/runes however. There is a list of spells in the zip file that the client came in but here are some basic ones below:

utevo lux - Light spell - mlvl 0
exevo pan - create food - mlvl 0
exura - heal - mlvl 1

5. Your health and mana will only regenerate if you have eaten food which can be found from monsters or purchased from players. But you should make sure you are always eating food and casting spells if your mana is full to constantly be advancing your magic level (which effects healing/damage).

6. To attack a monster you will want to just right click it (if you are using classic controls, otherwise shift+right click) so there is a red square around it. You will start attacking at that point. Also pay attention to the settings on the right of your equipment. The cross swords is full attack mode (most damage least defense) the sword and shield is balanced and shield is full defense. To the right of that are the follow modes. The top will have you stand still while attacking, the bottom will have your character automatically move in to melee a monster (some monsters run when low on health).

7. To loot a monster right-click on it's corpse and drag the contents into your backpack.

8. Storage (Depot). There is one in each town and it looks like the below. As you can see you will have a depot container stored inside another depot container, both of these containers are your storage and are unique to your char. Nobody else can access it and items put in here will be available at any of the town's depots.